Monday 2 February 2009

Snow.!!

Heather this morning looking quite happy with the nights dusting of snow..wondering why I've stopped to take pictures! Where's breakfast??

The weather provides us with endless conversation and interest, as do the changing seasons. It's been almost a year since Heather, the horse in my charge, has lived out. So we've lived through almost every kind of weather in that time. Still seems quite strange to me in my life away from the yard that when I return...she's still there...stood in the field! 24/7. I've had many peaceful moments stood in the field too, taking a welcome break from the 21st century, with the horses and ponies. Feeling the wind blow, seeing clouds roll away leaving the Moon to light the fox sneaking silently across the snow.

Looking a bit wary as we get close to the gate, there's deep mud just below a thin crust of snow and ice. She had a couple of slides on ice recently and doesn't trust the stuff anymore..

Snow! A rare and welcome treat. This Winter has been more like those I can remember from my childhood..cold and icy. I took these pictures today in a rare gap in the weather. An hour later and the cloud and snow fall returned. However here in Manchester we've escaped the worst, so it's hard to believe what all the fuss is about elsewhere.

Content and happy horse after a good feed and brush...ready for anything! Maybe some more snow?

No comments: