Saturday 7 March 2009

Heather has been sold....gone

Someone came to try her on Monday. By the time I got to the yard on Wednesday, I'd missed her by half an hour..sold, loaded and gone. Even though I knew this might come, the reality hit hard and I can only say that I'm devasted.


What is most frustrating is that no one sought my knowledge gained daily looking after her. Heather's new owner will have to start like I did...no clues, a blank sheet. Whereas I know so much and would willingly pass on every detail to make her future that much easier. I feel very disappointed and let down by the people who should really have had her interests at heart..yet constantly put up barriers to her welfare.

My last sight of her was when I called her in at dusk on Tuesday. She came, bringing half the ponies with her. Limping lame on her fore again, I noted. It was raining and really pretty ugly, so didn't take her rug off...just let her eat her bucket of feed...gave her a scratch where she likes and turned her back out...saying goodbye, as I always do. She didn't linger by the gate with the rain.

No comments: