Sunday 30 August 2009

Half Pass and Wild Ponies

This wild pony cantered past me, close to Aber Falls. His flowing mane mirroring the cascading water.

On Friday I'd booked a classical riding lesson at Pen Llyn. I'd driven down earlier and went for a walk on the beach, then something caught my eye and I found myself half way up the hill behind, before suddenly realising it was time to go...
So it was straight into things...not quite late! The very talented pony I was riding needed little warming up. Soon we were shoulders in...leg yielding, all things I know. Then Lucy described travers to me. Must admit it all sounded a bit complicated at the time, but with her help, we soon sort of managed that. Before I had time to chew over that.."how about trying half pass?" Well ok!? So we did. Now I've had chance to think about it and read elsewhere what it's all about, I'm very pleased with my achievement. Like learning many new skills...I felt a little confused and not totally with it. Next time I'll know what to expect and do, a little more. Also for the first time since I started riding, I had some muscle pain the day after...right in the middle of my bottom. Clearly this is new ground for me!
Very inquisitive foal, high up on open ground above the falls, with Anglesey and Puffin Island in the distance.

On the way home I stopped to have a contemplative walk to see the spectacular waterfalls at Aber. It had rained all night. I haven't the camera to do the falls justice, but caught sight of one of the many wild ponies living in the surrounding hills. It's flowing mane mirrors the water falling over.
Aber Falls from a distance...

No comments: