Tuesday 8 January 2008

These boots were made for riding..


I only started riding in April 2005. By June that year I reached a point of no return. Buying my first riding boots was a statement of intent. Unbelievably now, I picked a great pair of Mountain Horse, Mountain Rider II boots, half price from Robinsons!! Wish I could find such a bargain again. They've been fantastic for me! Not only have they seen me through all my riding lessons and first tentative hacks. They've been on my feet for the best part of two years diy livery. Anyone involved with horses knows the rigours that involves, for any footwear. Sadly during the wet Summer they started to split at the sides from the sole. I did buy a new pair then, but have hardly worn them as the old ones are so comfy...like slippers. This Winter has finally put a practical end to them, it's so wet and muddy. They are now leaking too much. I'm just not sure I can let them go...but what use are a pair of boots I can't wear?

No comments: