Monday 11 August 2008

New Shoes..as promised!

A week has gone by without me running a yard! Which isn't to say I've done nothing at all. My work has me on my feet a good deal and I've been horse riding and swimming. I've started to take Glucosamine supplement in a slightly desperate hope of improving my knee trouble. Of course I'm fully aware that any effect will not be quickly noticeable...but I've got to do something!
Are these the shoes in which I'll run the 2008 Snowdonia Marathon..??

Each day through the week my knee has got better. I'm still having a 400mg Ibuprofen at breakfast but the effect of it lasts longer through each day. So I went and bought my new running shoes. Apparently I supinate, my feet have high arches and I run on the outside of my foot. This narrows the shoe choice right down. Anyway after some deliberation, mainly at the price...how much?? I got Asics Nimbus Gel. Far too fancy looking for my taste, but at least they're not dayglo green, like some! Tried them on a gentle three miler out along the river and today on a five mile uphill run on a treadmill. They feel good and though I have some reaction from my knee, it's not like previously. So fingers crossed for my marathon attempt!

No comments: