Monday 6 July 2009

Lovely Lusitanos

Last week I attended the first day of the Lusitano Breed Society's 25th Anniversary show at Hartpury Equine College in Gloucestershire. My interest in these horses stems from a chance trail ride I took a couple of years ago in one of my favourite parts of North Wales. More recently I have been lucky enough to be able to take riding lessons at Pen Llyn Lusitano Stud and Riding Centre. My riding ambition is very simple. To be able to ride a good horse well. My realisation as I now progress a long and forever lengthening, but interesting path, is that to ride well requires so much more than I ever imagined.
In the collecting ring, Purebred Stallion Tigre warming up. Something approaching the picture of where I see myself one day!

The Pen Llyn horses stole the show with very strong results in all classes entered, only coming second when one of their own had taken first!. The show stopping stallion Uivador Da Broa took 1st, in the class of the show, with an amazing performance. I was both humbled and inspired by both the quality of the horses and the skill of the riders. I left with a clear image of where I'd like to go and am lucky to have found the right people and place to attain it

No comments: