Sunday 27 July 2008

I've Entered The 2008 Snowdonia Marathon..

Oh dear..what have I done! I keep telling myself "I only entered," but I know full well in myself I'll give it my best efforts. Quite a number of years ago I ran two marathons, the Stockport and Manchester finishing in 3hrs41 and 3hrs 22 respectively. It's no coincidence that I haven't been stupid enough to repeat the torture since!
The start of the 2007 Snowdonia Marathon. This year I'll hopefully be competing..not watching!

A couple of years ago I used running as part of my fitness regime for a successful attempt to climb all 15, 3000 foot peaks in Snowdonia. With my new found fitness I did have thoughts of making a grand effort in perhaps the New York or London Marathon. However the hype these events carry with them put me right off. So last year, I was secretly envious of my brother's entry in the Snowdonia Marathon. Well on 25th October t will be my turn. I started my training with a ten mile walk climbing the peaks of Elidir Fawr and Y Garn. Followed by a five mile run yesterday along the river banks locally. If nothing else, my increased exercise will enable me to eat more curry and chocolate and drink more beer...so bring it on!

No comments: