Tuesday 19 February 2008

Fresh hope...

Everything is becoming a little bit strange! For the last week or so, coinciding with Heathers relapse, I've been struggling to shake off a raging sore throat and fever. I'm still definately not well and finding all of this slightly surreal. With all the very clear weather, especially this time of year, it's difficult to ignore the low dazzling Sun. Or the equally bright Moon and stars in the evening sky. I'm wondering if there's not something in the fact that tomorrow night there is a total eclipse of the Moon, which is waxing to Full the night after! Whilst not being a believer in gypsy mumbo jumbo, I cannot deny that there are strong forces at work here. So seeing as things aren't as good as they could be, hope that things might take a turn for the better after say the Lunar eclipse.
Just in case none of that works....Yesterday evening on instructions from her owner...I made Heather walk out of her stable. She was bearing some weight on the bad leg before, so was pleased to see her move out again, even though she is so desperatly lame. For me leading her it's not so bad, I'm just concentrating on keeping her going and looking out for anything that might trip her up...there is half a tonne of horse next to me. Whilst obviously not happy, she didn't seem in pain and her movement did improve somewhat. Anything is better than her being totally immobile. So we got to hose her leg again. Then stagger around the yard again, which was busy with lots of horses and people in and out of lessons at the riding school. So I felt lots of eyes looking at me and asking what I was doing torturing this poor horse??
Another cold clear night and followed by a gorgeous day. Felt warm in the afternoon so I thought I'd go to the yard and see if I could move Heather about before the place got too busy and whilst there was still some heat in the Sun. Well she let me pick up her near fore leg, reluctantly, but nonethe less. Which is again progress, meaning she can bear full weight again on the bad leg. So out we came. Hop-a-long Heather out in the sunshine. Took her to hose her leg and have a stretch. Tied her up without a rug for some fresh air, whilst I made up a nice fresh bed for her. There's no increase in the swelling, still little heat and she seems happy enough. So we seem to have reached a manageable state again. The weather is changing and a new lunar cycle is starting soon.....

No comments: